About the Course:
Security Awareness Workshop is a highly interactive, hands-on training and certification programme that provides the essential know-how, enabling information security professionals to develop and manage an effective security awareness programme for their organisation.
This course focuses on information security principles, risk management, international standards such as ISO/IEC 27001, security policies, current cyber threats, defence through the implementation of proper security mechanisms, access control models and more. This course will also cover the best practices with guidance on information security design, implementation and management.
Information Security Officers and Managers from private and public sector organisation particularly those from the CNII sector, Regulatory Bodies, ISPs, Law Enforcement Agencies.
Basic knowledge in Information Security is recommended but not essential.
Classroom style lectures and discussion with case studies. Participants will be required to complete group activities.
Participants are required to bring their own notebook.
- The difference between “awareness” and “behavior”
- The elements of risks and analysis on why humans are the weakest link
- The learning continuum: awareness, training and education
- Designing an Awareness and Competence Programme
- Structuring an organizational awareness and training programme
- Conducting awareness and training needs assessment
- Developing an awareness and training strategy and plan
- Establishing priorities
- Setting the bar
- Funding the security awareness and training programme
- Developing Awareness and Competence Material
- Developing awareness material: selecting topics and sources of awareness materials
- Developing training material: a model for building training courses and sources for training courses
- Implementing the Awareness and Competence Programme
- Communicating the plan